It’s the place where we hear our thoughts.
It’s the place where problems are solved.
It’s the place where ideas are hatched.
It’s the place where you can find the truth.
And make the magic happen.
Let’s read what Mr. Haanel wrote in Week Twenty-four: Alchemy.
8. As all conditions are thought creations and therefore entirely mental, disease and lack are simply mental conditions in which the person fails to perceive the truth. As soon as the error is removed, the condition is removed.
Take note of what Mr. Haanel wrote here.
“As all conditions are thought creations.”
Not some. Not many.
Everything begins with a thought that you have.
Thus, all disease and lack is caused by you failing to “perceive the truth.”
When you perceive the truth, you will release all errors.
9. The method for removing this error is to go into the Silence and know the Truth. As all mind is one mind, you can do this for yourself or anyone else. If you have learned to form mental images of the conditions desired, this will be the easiest and quickest way to secure results; if not, results can be accomplished by argument, by the process of convincing yourself absolutely of the truth of your statement.
“Know the Truth.”
That’s Truth with a capital T.
You use the Silence to clear your thoughts.
You then escape from the world of shadows and shibboleths and see things as they are — as they truly are.
You form the mental images of that which you want and desire — health, abundance, and all good things.
You release from yourself that which you do not want — stress, worry, and fear.
You perceive the Truth.
“Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:32
What is the Truth? Mr. Haanel answers that later in Week Twenty-four: Alchemy.
19. Truth is not the result of logical training or of experimentation, or even of observation; it is the product of a developed Consciousness. Truth within a Caesar manifests in a Caesar’s deportment, in his life, and in his action; his influence upon social forms and progress. Your life and your actions and your influence in the world will depend upon the degree of truth which you are enabled to perceive, for truth will not manifest in creeds, but in conduct.
Truth will manifest itself in your conduct — in what you do!
A writer … writes.
A dancer … dances.
A businessperson … does business.
Actions will yield results — what you want.
It’s not an easy journey. Along the way, you will be assaulted by false thoughts …
… distractions …
… daydreams …
… and quick fixes.
If you persevere …
… if you learn from your mistakes …
… if you patiently acquire wisdom …
… if you assiduously develop discernment …
… then you will find the Truth — and therefore your greatness.
22. It is this truth which makes you “free” and it is the conscious knowledge of this truth which will enable you to overcome every difficulty.
Nothing can stop the Truth.
When you become enveloped in the Truth, you become unstoppable.
23. The conditions with which you meet in the world without are invariably the result of the conditions obtaining in the world within, therefore it follows with scientific accuracy that by holding the perfect ideal in mind you can bring about ideal conditions in your environment.
It all begins with your thoughts — the “world within.”
They are your guide.
They bring you “your own.”
24. If you see only the incomplete, the imperfect, the relative, and the limited, then these conditions will manifest in your life; but if you train your mind to see and realize the spiritual ego, the “I” which is forever perfect and complete, then harmonious, wholesome, and healthful conditions only will be manifested.
This is not daydreaming!
This is not fantasizing about things that will never be.
This is about seeing — realizing — the “spiritual ego.”
That which is truly you.
It’s not a made-up character nor a hapless wish.
It’s you and who you are supposed to be.
Form the mental picture.
Take it with you into the Silence.
Believe in it. Bone-deep.
Allow it to permeate all of your consciousness.
Magic happens when you read great books because books are magical.