Whatever you want in life — money, happiness, success — requires that you have power.
It is the power to realize what you desire.
It is the power to attain your goals.
It is the knowledge required to get what you want.
“The real secret of power is consciousness of power.”
This consciousness of power is the realization that you have the tools necessary for your continual growth and advancement. You need only to claim them and put them into motion. And it all begins with your thoughts, as this is what brings the results that you desire into reality .
Here is the process that Haanel outlined to acquire that power.
- Every thought creates an impression on the brain.
- Experiences come to us through the law of attraction.
- The predominant thought or mental attitude is the magnet.
- Like attracts like.
- The mental attitude is our personality and is composed of all the thoughts that we have been creating in our mind.
- By persistent effort, we can change the mental attitude.
- To do this, replace the pictures you have in your mind with new pictures of what you want and desire.
- When you have done this, you will begin to attract to yourself those things.
- Build into your mental pictures the necessary essentials, such as determination, ability, talent, courage, power, and anything else.
- Aspire to the highest possible attainment in anything you undertake.
- Repeat this process as repetition builds habit.
Everything that you have is a result of this process.
Be it good or bad, what you want or what you dislike.
Whether you like it or not, you are using this process.
This process describes how your predominant mental attitude about everything is formed.
Now that you know how this process works, you can use it consciously and of your own volition.
As you can see, a good portion of this process deals with your mental attitude, or what you think habitually. Like Henry Ford once said, “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right!”
If you think (and believe) that something can’t be done, then chances are likely that you won’t do it.
But as you shift your thoughts to ones of success and achievement, you raise the chances that you will get what you want.
If you were to walk into a job interview like a nervous whelp, what do you think your chances of being hired would be?
If you were to walk into the same interview confident and calm , then your chances of being hired become very good!
Merely your mental attitude.
Haanel wrote that “life is an unfoldment,” which means that you are building upon what you have and what you know.
You are growing.
Use the process Haanel outlined here to help you grow in a confident and strong fashion.
Get more power with more books because books are power.